Introducing The New Reference Flagship Energiser From Stax
- Hybrid configuration adopting a double-triode 6922 which is established with high sound quality in the first stage and a semiconductor of A class operation in the output stage.
- Vacuum tube is a separate board made of vibration-proof damper and shield cover and thorough elimination of vibration and noise.
- High-capacity large toroidal transformers and other high-quality parts selected carefully are introduced to details.
- External (BYPASS) function which passed volume of this machine and made it possible to adjust the volume with external equipment is installed.
- Frequency Response: 1Hz to 115kHz
- THD: <0.01% @ 1kHz
- Maximum Gain: 60 dB
- Sensitivity: 100mV
- Input impedance: 50kΩ (50kΩ × 2 when balanced)
- Valve Complement: 2×6922
- Power consumption: 95W
- Dimensions (WHD): 320×103×395mm
- Weight: 7.3kg
In More Depth:
Stax has announced a new hybrid headphone amplifier which uses a 6922 twin-triode in the pre-amplifier section and solid-state Class-A circuitry in the power output stage.
The Stax SRM-T8000 has the twin triodes mounted on a separate PCB that’s vibrationally isolated and shielded from the chassis to prevent external vibrations and noise from affecting the performance of the valve through microphonics.
The SRM-T8000 uses a large, high-current toroidal transformer in its power supply and has a bypass function that removes the volume control from the circuit, so you can instead adjust volume using an external device. It also has a pass-through input (input 1 of the two line-level unbalanced RCA inputs) so you can route a signal through to other components. In addition to the two unbalanced inputs, there’s a balanced input, via XLR.